Warm Roast Potato Salad
I think this is a really nice potato dish packed full of flavour and something a bit different. It’s also really versatile, by changing the herbs used or swapping wholegrain mustard for dijon it can be tailored to everyone’s tastes. I like to serve these potatoes with steak but they would go just as well with pork or even chicken.
- 400g New potatoes, cut for roasting
- Olive/Rape seed oil for roasting
- 6g Fresh flat leaf parsley
- 4g Fresh tarragon
- 2 Heaped teaspoons of capers
- 2 Heaped teaspoons of wholegrain mustard
- 3 Teaspoons of lemon juce
- 1 Clove of garlic
- 50ml of extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Roast new potatoes as you normally would. Do not season.
- Put all the ingredients in a blender excluding the extra virgin olive oil and pulse a few times until the ingredients have broken down.
- Add the oil and blitz until the mixture comes together to make a dressing.
- Taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
- When the potatoes are ready, take them out the oven, drain excess oil and leave to cool for a minute.
- Add the potatoes to the dressing in a large bowl and mix until all the potatoes are coated.
- Serve immediately.